Online Opportunities Belgium: Articles for Sale

Friday, April 15, 2011

Articles for Sale

I came across Articles for Sale while looking for other online writing opportunities. The site which is hosted on WordPress is easy to navigate. You sign-up for a free account and must have a PayPal address. Once your account is confirmed, you can immediately post articles for sale.

I do not have a lot of articles which have not already been published but I managed to put up some on the site to see how it goes. There are 2 things worrying me though: the articles which are on the website are poorly written and full of typo errors judging from the low selling prices set by the "authors"; if you read the feedback of some buyers they are not very encouraging with some reporting spun and even translated articles. If you are a serious writer and dedicated to producing high quality content, affiliation with such a website can be detrimental to your writing credentials.

On the other hand, if you produce unique and quality articles, the site might attract good buyers. As an author, it is easy to post articles and set a reasonable fetching price that you want for your articles. There are enough categories to choose from and you don't have to wait for an approval by an editor before you can post your article. The downside to this is that your articles are not controlled for quality which is not a good sign. Personally, I prefer that an editor looks my work over to see if my writing makes sense and to catch all those typo errors I might have missed.

I will give this site a bit of time to see if there are improvements to their process of submission, that is, put in place an editing and authenticity check. I did see some articles sold but so far, I have not come across any forum discussing author feedback on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment