Online Opportunities Belgium: Textbroker UK Now Accepting Author Applications

Monday, December 12, 2011

Textbroker UK Now Accepting Author Applications

Textbroker UK is live since December 1. It is open to writers from English-speaking countries. Now, authors outside the US can write for TB.

How to apply

You register on the UK website and wait for a confirmation email. You are then asked to submit a writing sample between 120-220 words (not sure of the figures now) on a topic of your choice. Actually, there are 3 topics given and you select one. Make sure that you send original content. Your sample will be rated from 2 stars to 5 stars.

Payment: Euros through PayPal or a European bank account (you need your IBAN/SWIFT codes)

Minimum amount for cash out: €10

Frequency: once a month

Rates: based on star rating

2 stars - €3.50 per 500 words
3 stars - €4.50 per 500 words
4 stars - €6.00 per 500 words
5 stars - €20.00 per 500 words

My experience

I applied a few days after the site was open. It took 4 days for TB to review and rate my sample (chose one on travel). Got my acceptance last week and I'm rated 3 stars.

However, TB just opened its site to clients today. As of this time, there are no writing assignments for my level. I do hope there will be some soon.

I suppose I also need to complete my writing profile and read all the FAQs to make sure that I understand everything. I don't want to make silly mistakes when I claim an open order.

If you are looking for another site where you can make money from writing, take a look at Textbroker UK. Based on feedback from US writers, it's a legitimate and reliable company. Good luck!

Update: There are already assignments on TB but mostly for level 4 writers. 2 titles are for 5 star writers. I only saw 2 for level 3 but they were not worth writing for me. I hope more assignments pop up soon for my level. Otherwise, there's no chance to move up to the next level unless titles are available to claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment