Online Opportunities Belgium: Wikio Experts Cashout Reduced to €10

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wikio Experts Cashout Reduced to €10

Effective today, Wikio writers can request for payment when total earnings reach €10. It used to be €50. Payment schedules (beginning of the following month) remain the same.

On the same note, they have stopped accepting non-native English writers to improve the quality of articles on the site. There were issues regarding 'moderation' of work because lots of published articles have missing articles, misspelled words, hanging sentences and so on - things that should have been caught in the editing process.

Authors also began writing under pen names for fear of earning a bad reputation when their real names are attached to the so called 'butchered' articles.

I share the same sentiment as these writers and when I check on articles that have been approved, I see errors on most of them. Very few escaped reworking and shifting of sentences and paragraphs. I would like to see real editing to take place when articles are reviewed for approval because I am sure that I make mistakes myself no matter how many times I proofread my work or pass it through spell checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment